NECRC provides support towards the community’s revitalization and to meet its mandate. The following is a summary of the resources available to the community. We offer several grant programs to assist residents and businesses to improve their properties and instill community pride.
Now taking applications!
The NERI small grants fund is available to community groups in five North End neighbourhoods. These groups must be situated in or providing services in William Whyte, St. John’s, Dufferin, Lord Selkirk Park, and Point Douglas. Eligible projects must assist in achieving local goals related to the six objectives outlined in our North End Five Year Community Plan:
- Cultural awareness and cultural activities/programming related to Truth and Reconciliation
- Increase affordable and adequate Housing
- Increase Economic Development
- Improve neighbourhood Safety
- Increase access to Recreation and Wellness opportunities
- Increase Food Security
The amount per application is $2,500.